Saturday 8 April 2017

Leaving Rothera on the RRS Ernest Shackleton!

Tomorrow we are leaving Rothera on the RRS Ernest Shackelton and making our journey North. First we are heading up the Peninsula and visiting various bases including; Palmer, Verdanksy and Green Island.

From there we are heading to the Falklands to drop a few of the Rothera summer and my wintering team off to catch an MOD flight back to the UK. A few of us are then heading to Monte Video where we are doing a crew change over, I get almost 3 weeks there so lots of beach time and a bit of time to reintegrate into society.... From there it's 3 weeks back to the UK!! So I will be home in mid June ready for the gliding season...if I can remember how to do it!



So excited to start my journey on the ship, but also very sad to be leaving this incredible continent...but who knows, I may return!?