Wednesday 28 June 2017

Packing up to leave again...this time in search of some polar bears.

Tomorrow I board the British Antarctic Survey's Royal Research Vessel the James Clark Ross at Southampton where we will set sail for the Barents Sea up into the Arctic circle. I really can't believe I've got this job and now that I've had a break even if short and sweet I feel ready for the next adventure. Hopefully I will see a polar bear...
The research that I will be involved with is very interesting, I am employed by The Scottish Marine association  (SAMS) as an Arctic Technician. I will be assisting on the DIAPOD research project, the link to this is on my previous blog post if you would like more information.
I will hopefully have good enough Internet to keep up my blog as since I've been home I've met so many of you lovely people that keep up to date with my blog and I had some lovely feedback for which I am grateful as it kept me sane (kind of) during my 18 months down south.
My next blog will be from the ship! Eek.