Wednesday 10 June 2020

Creating environmental awareness through adventure - water keeper for @weswimwild.

Before I speak about the SAMS vessels, I wanted to quickly speak about some new citizen science that I recently got involved with.

Creating environmental awareness through adventure! What a great tag line, and something that also really fits my life ethos. I have just become a water keeper for @weswimwild! 

There is some epic science, outreach and also citizen science going on with this project.
 
Representing Loch Leven near Ballachulish & hopefully getting our keen community involved. I do lots of sea swimming and river and swim dips...especially after a long day mountain biking or climbing. I love it, it's so good for you both mentally and physically.
Swimming around Castle Stalker, Appin
Disclaimer...child is not mine haha

This is Lexi, Bex's daughter watching Xarifa my wee yacht (at anchor don't worry) as we had a quick swim near to the boat last summer near the bottom of Kerrera near another castle!
Loch Creran!

 We will be collecting water samples twice a year to be analysed for microplastics. This is also something that I have already published on and something that I want to help educate on. Even picking up some litter whilst swimming, every little helps!

 Excited to see where this will lead!