Monday 5 October 2015

My first desk...!

I had a week in the head office of BAS in Cambridge last week where I was given my own desk...that was pretty exciting until it hit me that even if the sun is shining you need to sit at your desk! I worked to prepare for the projects that I need to complete when I arrive in December but also came up with with a winter scientific project which should be exciting when I start to collect some samples!


It is however, weird to think that my next desk will be looking over the Rothera runway (that will definitely distract me) and the amazing ice shelf (even more distraction)....not to mention the penguins!


I also found the only hill in cambridge ( I can't cope with how flat it is) and went punting with Ben and Benedict...A must when one is in Cambridge apparently. Great fun!
Now onto working with BASMU in the A&E department of Derriford hospital in Plymouth !