Friday 14 December 2018

Life on base..more about science next time

 After coxing a dive we all piled into the snowcat to get a lift up to Stork Bowl, Julie guided us there! This is evidence of my first time using a split board and yes I put the skins on backwards which is apparently why I was struggling so much....
 After all of the faff of turning it back into a splitboard it was definitely worth it, as the powder was deep and sticky which made for some fantastic boarding. I think once I've mastered the faff of splitboarding it could take us to some awesome places!

 2 days before I arrived, this beauty was caught on camera. Very gutted to have missed it but thanking the base for sharing their photos of it!

 Another fantastic photo on the shared drive!!!
This week the RRS Shackelton has been at Rothera, where we spent a few days unloading cargo. Mostly food and drink! 

 One of my favourite places on base, the balcony overlooking Ryder Bay!

 The base has been over run by Elephant Seals.....never stand downwind of them!
 Back home at SAMS by office is being kept safe by a Christmas Tree!! Next time I will actually write about the science that we've been a bit hectic with over the past 2 weeks.