Tuesday 24 November 2015

Broken glass & a concreted foot!

After the pilots decided in the afternoon that it was not possible to fly as there was high winds and snow fall we all moved hotels (hopefully for the last time).

Alex and I decided to hire some bikes, luckily these were mountain bikes, we ventured the Patagonian Highlands along the coast.


It was definitely an adventure as we trekked across the beach, had to climb steep hills just to get back to the road ....


... We even stumbled across some dinosaurs ...


eventually ended up in a tank and army training grounds somehow  which was mighty exciting as we went further into the course (hopefully not covered in unexploded items) as wanted to get closer to the mountains (which was so worth it)!


The adventure didn't end there as on the way back I managed to somehow get my foot stuck in newly paved concrete and then after a Pisco Sours on our way to dinner with the group I managed to legendarily and annoyingly smash a glass. I am a firm believer that everything travels in threes (especially bad luck) .... the third thing that happened to me today is that I've lost my lush blue Chilean headband !

I'm hoping that tomorrow we will go to Antarctica as I'm definitely on edge waiting for the unexpected. 

p.s. 
 
 
WE found the MAGIC SCHOOL BUS!!!